As a Certified Scrum Professional - ScrumMaster® (CSP-SM®), you are actively working on Organizational Improvement. You are now deeply skilled at building great teams and have built great Scrum Teams as a Scrum Master and emergent leader in your organization. You have encountered numerous challenges to Great Scrum Team development and now want to take your skills to the next level.
Scrum Mastering is a lifelong journey. Incorporating Scrum values and Agile principles into your world of work takes diligence, patience, and a commitment to continuous improvement. With this course in our Scrum Leadership Series and years of experience through on-the-job practice, you are on your way to becoming a Scrum Leader.
Through the CSP-SM course you will learn how to:
• apply visual facilitation techniques for a collaborative session.
• identify practices for facilitating remote meetings.
• explain the core concepts of Lean Thinking and how they can be applied to Scrum.
• relate at least five wastes in product development to the seven wastes in Lean manufacturing.
• identify at least three actions the facilitator can perform to support the development of an inclusive solution.
• create a coaching agreement with an individual or a team.
• list fundamental psychological concepts that help transform individual behavior.
• appraise different models for team development.
• plan the launch of a new Scrum Team.
• propose strategies to fill in missing skills or capabilities the team needs to create successful products.
• illustrate how at least one element of software craftsmanship applies to your work.
• analyze your approach to a complex intervention that addresses the root cause(s) of organizational dysfunction.
• contrast patterns for scaling the Product Owner role.
• explain the benefits of supporting strong development practices when working with multiple Scrum Teams.
• plan the launch of Multi-Team Scrum.
• outline a personal development strategy toward Scrum Mastery.
Here's what we do:
- The CSP-SM is a very intense course, and our goal is to maximize our student outcomes in the 16 hours we have together.
- 12 of those 16 hours are directed group learning, where you will be working with StudyBuddies doing reading, exercises, discussions, and so on. We guide you through 14 learning modules with great materials, discussions, and exercises. All of the Learning Objectives will be verified in 12 Contact hours while you are working with StudyBuddies. We facilitate this for you by helping you acquire StudyBuddies, by verifying you've completed each module before moving to the next one, and by having our admin available to you for questions.
- 4 of these 16 hours are Office Hours, where the Trainer does Coaching, Mentoring and Q&A based on the Students' questions. These questions can be about anything that is agile and scrum, and could even be about the materials you are working on. However, in practice, the vast majority of this time is spent talking about work problems or misperceptions about agile and scrum.
We believe, and our reviews validate, that this structure provides a near-optimal learning experience for our Students.
Training is 100% online and hosted on a learning management platform. There are no required software applications or additional training materials needed.
24 months of professional experience as a Scrum Master during the last five years; Advanced Certified ScrumMaster® (A-CSM®) certification
WHO SHOULD GET SCRUM MASTER CERTIFICATION?
There is no right or wrong person to attend this training. In fact, the most successful agile adoptions have included training for everyone, right down to Finance and Sales staff. Scrum training is especially appropriate for anyone in the corporate structure dealing with rapidly changing demands.
In a traditional organization, these roles might include: Developers, Testers, Directors, Project Managers, Program Managers, CXOs, Architects, Coders, Designers, Technical Writers, SMEs, Product Managers, Stakeholders, Analysts, QA Staff, and Engineers.
COURSE COMPLETION TIME
The estimated completion time is 2-4 weeks and you have up to 3 months to complete the CSP-SM Certification course from the purchase date (see our policy page for details).
Online training is self-paced and can be completed on your own time with StudyBuddies.
Guide team members through the product development, and help the team deliver quality products.
Participate in the team activities with ease and also learn how to own a task.
Resolve the impediments and enhance the team’s collaboration.
Act as a change agent and enable a culture in which teams can flourish.
Become a servant leader for Scrum teams that are involved in developing high-end products.
Gain a high degree of proficiency in executing Scrum.
Contribute in creating a healthy work environment.
Earn the skills that make an individual immune to internal and external distractions.
Become self-motivated to escalate the performance of the team.
Get more job opportunities in IT as well as non-IT organizations with a good pay.
Upon successful completion of your Certified Scrum Professional - ScrumMaster training class, your credentials will be sent to the Scrum Alliance and they will contact you directly with your CSP-SM certification next steps. Certification must be renewed through the Scrum Alliance every 2 years to remain active.
The initial cost of your 2-year membership to the Scrum Alliance is included in your 3Back course registration, so there’s no need to worry about hidden costs or surprise fees later on.
Enrollment includes training, 4 Open Office Hours (1 hour each), and certification.
By registering in groups, you can save up to 15% on the course fees. The discount you can avail will depend on your group size.
- 10% discount for 5-9 people
- 15% discount for 10+ people
Contact [email protected] for more information.
A Real Life Experience
Understood the difference between getting certified and being skillful
Learning The Agile Approach
Serve My Team Better
Author: Scrum Leadership Series
Author: Scrum Leadership Series
What are the prerequisites for the CSP-SM course?
You need to hold an Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) certification with the Scrum Alliance and have at least 24 months of work experience specific to the role of a Scrum Master within the past five years.
What is On-Demand?
On-Demand is a blended approach of both instructor-led and independent, self-paced learning. As a learner, you can find your own rhythm and you choose how fast you go. You have up to 3 months to complete the course from the purchase date.
The typical Module includes 20-60 minutes of reading (depending on your reading speed), and a multiple-choice quiz. After you complete these, you need to work with 1-2 StudyBuddies to discuss the module/quiz and do one or more scenario-based exercises. Each module will take about 1-3 hours of your time, and will require you to work with StudyBuddies (either someone in the course or outside of the course).
Is there a test after the class?
No, unlike the CSM course, there is no test after the CSP-SM course.
What are the requirements to finish my On-Demand CSP-SM certification?
Complete 14 Self-Paced Modules with one or more StudyBuddies. Attend 4 Hours of Open Discussion with the trainers.
How long does it take to finish the course?
You have up to 3 months to complete the course. The average completion time is 2-4 weeks.
Fastest On-Demand: A fast pace would be two weeks for completion. You need to attend four Open Discussion Hours, and we are each planning to have two available per week.
Quick On-Demand: If you want to be quick, it makes sense to do it in a month. Do 3-4 modules a week, and attend an Open Discussion Hour each week.
Minimum On-Demand: You have three months from the purchase date to complete your course.
What is required for the CSP-SM certification renewal in 2 years?
40 SEUs need to be completed in 2 years time and payment fee of $250 to the Scrum Alliance must be made before the CSP-SM license can be renewed. See the links for more information on Claiming SEUs and you can use 3Back Resources to read our publications and receive SEUs under Category E.
Can I get PDUs and SEUs for this class? How many?
Yes, you will receive 14 Category B PDUs upon completion of the course. As a Registered Education Provider for the Scrum Alliance, our CSP-SM course is worth 14 SEUs as well.
I completed the CSP-SM course, but my certification is not showing up on my Scrum Alliance Account. Why?
You need to make sure you update your Scrum Alliance profile with your work experience and have an Advanced Certified Scrum Master (A-CSM) certification. In addition to needing an A-CSM certification, you need at least 24 months of professional experience as a Scrum Master during the last five years.
Learn online with real-time Scrum activities and simulations.
Includes Training Material and 2-Year Scrum Alliance Membership.
Absolutely no additional fees!